Inspired by a good friend who wants to feel like she matters. You do, girl. You do.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Sports

I'm hooked on the Olympics like you wouldn't believe. I really like swimming. I could care less about basketball and most any other sport you can see at other points in any given year. My husband says that swimming is just track and field only slower. He's thrilled that track and field is now underway. I think one just naturally likes sports that you played when you were a kid. I used to swim the back stroke. Why? I didn't start swimming competitively until I was 11 and I didn't have a clue how to dive into the pool so it seemed the logical stroke to start on. Even though I was a solid breastroker for a while, backstroke was always my best stroke. America is doing so well in swimming. And from the reaction of my husband just now... America is doing well in the sprints too. Go USA.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

What do you think about these crazy bathing suits that cover the full bodies of the swimmers? It seems like all of that extra material would weigh you down, but it doesn't seem to. I have a friend who used to be an assistant swim coach who said that the longer racing suits have stopped a lot of teenage boys from quitting swim teams. I guess some boys don't want to wear the little underwear-looking ones.

9:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home