Inspired by a good friend who wants to feel like she matters. You do, girl. You do.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

2004 Election--Does Kerry mean what he says?

Almost everyone I know is voting for Kerry. I'm starting to think that a few years ago I was more liberal than I am now. I don't know what my label is now.

I wouldn't say that I'm a passionate Bush supporter but I just can't get behind Kerry. Kerry is a pretty package that speeks well but I can't trust what he says because what he says doesn't jive with his record.

I believe he will raise taxes (and not just on the rich). He will weaken the military. He will not be able to win the war in Iraq. He has voted to raise taxes numerous times, voted against every major weapons system put before him, and he has spoken out against the war in Iraq as the "wrong war" and demeaned our allies. He wants us to be popular, and this goal is more important than our saftey.

I admire Bush for trying to convince the American people that we just need time to let the plan work--not change leadership. We have to have more patience as a nation and give Bush a second chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home