Inspired by a good friend who wants to feel like she matters. You do, girl. You do.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

States I have Visited



create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.

Further explanation:

I have lived in four states: New York, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida.

I visited many of the highlighted states on a cross-country trip with Felix back in 1998.

Most of the New England states I visited as part of yearly summer trips to Nova Scotia.

I visited family in Hawaii and Alaska (lucky me!) in 1998, and Hawaii, again, in 2003. I went to both Oahu and the Big Island. Part of my trip to Alaska included climbing the Kesugi Ridge.

I have a good friend that lived in New Orleans, which afforded me the opportunity to see Louisiana before the hurricanes hit in 2005. Very fortunate, again, to have been able to see the city intact.

The only state I have visited in the Northwest is Washington. I went to Tacoma for a week long MIE conference.

Wow, I need to plan a trip to the upper midwest. I know this sounds corny, but I've always wanted to go fly fishing in Montana.

(Did you ever see or read A River Runs Through It? Yes, sir!)

The book is excellent, but Robert Redford and the cast of the movie really do an exquisite job of bringing it to life. A beautiful film.



But, I've never had a burning desire to go to either North or South Dakota. Although, at some point I would like to see Mt. Rushmore. (I found so many pictures online of Mt. Rushmore, makes me wonder how close I could actually get to it as a tourist? This picture is funny, though, because it looks like at least one ex-president is going to be smitten by the hand of God.)

If you are reading this, a stretch in an of itself, and you have been to or lived in North Dakota, can you offer a reason to visit?

Thanks in advance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

How did you hit Washington and miss Oregon? I bet that you took a cruise to Alaska.

10:12 PM

 
Blogger KJ said...

Hi Paul,

I flew to Alaska. I flew to Washington, too, for a special conference. Funny, though, because after I saw the map I racked my brain to think if I had ever been to Oregon. But, nope, never been. It does seem weird to have been to one and not the other!

Thanks for commenting.

10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home